Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pumpkin Scones

It's strange how one little thing can set off emotions. Yesterday was a great day, sun was out it was cool and low humidity. I felt like treating myself, I went to Starbucks for the first time since Heather's birthday and the hammer fell. In the pastry case were pumpkin scones, (another rubbing her tummy going MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM item) silly stupid I know, but when I saw then it got to me. Making weekend runs to make sure that I got one before they sold out and bringing it home to HEather just filled and to a degree still is stuck in my head. How over the years we would either sit outside, watch a movie, or come upstairs and fire up the computers and look at the pooches on petfinders.com. Amazing isnt it how 1 little item can turn your world upside down?

We all know the expression 'that which does not kills us only makes us stronger", well I saw another one the other day as a Marine recruiting slogan, "pain is the body's way of releasing weakness". Wonder where pumpkin scones fall?


nuff for today

1 comment:

  1. A hot chai and a pumpkin scone on a cool autumn morning! Is there a better breakfast? I don't think so! I will have one soon for her and celebrate a day just because she was my friend.

    ReplyDelete