Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor day

whoooo raaaah!!!!!!!!!! its labor day, days off from where you get paid to have to do work where you don't. Go figure. But it is also a time to relax and hang with friends, unlike most holidays this one has no special significance other than reward the workers for those that get the holiday off. And for those that don't get the day off just remember that if they were off we couldn't buy gas, groceries, go out to eat, get that propane tank when the grill dies in the middle of your steak and so much more. Just think of the of the chaos if everyone had the holiday off. I know it's not the normal post that you are used to, but when you enjoy your extra day off next week and happen to go somewhere that you wouldn't if you were working on Monday, just be a little appreciative of those that are working.

Now on the home front, I guess that I have officially given up my dinosaur status as I sit here at the dealership posting as I get the oil change and inspection done on my wireless, whats next a blue tooth? Hell people have me texting too! Damn I am sounding like geezer (remembering seeing gray chest hair in the mirror after today's shower) ooops I am. But you know what I do know how to set the time on the VC...............ahhhh DVD system. Weather has broken here in Virginia, nice cool low humidity days. Wake up and its in the mid 50's great to wake up too. Dog's are loving the break also. Mary comes over props the doors open and let the girls out for extended times and they just love it she says. And yes they do, when I was off yesterday I propped the screen door and the kitchen door open as I was attempting to clean the house and hardly saw them all day. If I were to look out a window to the back yard the girls would either just be milling around or laying in the grass or dirt just soaking up the sun with big happy tongue hanging out puppy faces. It was also a great day to brush the girls outside also, and did they need it (bad dog dad). By the time I got done the patio looked like the floor of a barber shop.

Well that's pretty much it for now, they just called my name so I guess I need to pay the piper or mechanic in this case.


Have a great holiday!

Scott, Rogue, Jubilee, toad, chipmunks, and the damn assassin squirrels

No comments:

Post a Comment