Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Wifey

48 years ago tomorrow, Heather Annette Henry was born in San Francisco. 36 years later she was a faceless penpal from Minnesota. A year later she was sitting next to me as we started our life together. A year after that we were married with the world ahead of us. Five days shy of four months ago tomorrow Heather moved on to her next destination.

I found out today that the author of the letter that I read at Heather's celebration has vacationed in Chester California for the last 30 years. Heather and she may have actually met and just reunited through her blog. I told her today in an e-mail that the next time she goes to Chester to look up Heather's dad and second mom and maybe they could share some time together. Small world isn't it?

Tomorrow I will wake up. I will go to Starbucks and order a Chai. I will come home hold Heather and sing happy birthday to her. I will find a piece of chocolate cake with white frosting and eat it. I will take my last midterm and I may see a movie with a friend and if not I will go and see Harry Potter by myself. I will again celebrate Heather's life.

Though I may be without her presence, I will always be with her essence.

Happy Birthday Wifey we love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott,

    I love the way you think. I will also celebrate Heather's life today as well as my brother who also shared this date as his birthday. We lost him in 1990. As always, you are incredible.

    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete