Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hair Trends

It has occurred to me that wigs are going to get awfully hot around here in mid-summer, since they are already a bit hot in March. I would love to have a bit of re-growth by then, but since I'm in chemo at least through mid-April as of now I am going to have to find some alternative methods, one of which is just going bald around town. I don't think it would bother me so much, as long as I remember sunscreen, but I don't want a sweaty head either. I don't love the bandanna look, but may have to try it out, and of course natural fibers are key to wicking moisture away from the head.

All this comes about due to a warm spell here, during which I went bald for a bit at work, prompting some head-petting. It feels pretty velvety right now, with a bit of growth that is soft and light (in color too, very surprising) but still the hormone therapy does still bring on the hot flashes, which is not all that attractive on a bald woman! I'll keep working on it, but I don't want to end up with a stiffled head all summer.

I had a slow day today, not as bad as my really down days, as I was able to get some small chores done, but I am still tired of spending a good portion of beautiful weekend days indoors sleeping due to exhaustion. I suppose I shouldn't complain, every cycle of chemo I learn a bit more and it gets a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment