Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hair Today...

So I just got back from the salon where I had a pedicure, eyebrow waxing and haircut, and I can't believe I was worried about getting my hair cut. It's super short but looks really cute, plus it took no time at all to finish and style. I decided that since I was told I'd be losing my hair from the chemo it would be a good thing to just get it cut off ahead of time, so there is less trauma involved psychologically, but it sure turned out cute! I think I actually look younger (never a bad thing) and it will definitely be easier to care for. I'm fortunate to have enough natural body to get some lift, but I have to admit now I'm itching to color it (which I can't while having chemo) but the time will come where I can be blonde or red again!

It's nice to worry about some frivolous concerns for a bit, but keeping up my appearance is important too, I think. If I feel good I can put more positive energy into getting better and feel like part of the "real world" instead of like I'm shut away. I'm looking forward to getting back to work and having normal conversations and laughing about day-to-day stuff, so there is something to be said for normalcy (imagine me saying that...).

No comments:

Post a Comment