Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, etc.

I haven't posted for a couple of days because I've been quite unwell (read: whining and wailing like a banshee or starring glassy-eyed at the wall) but am feeling much better now. Apparently chemo/drugs/diarrhea/constipation concerns are a fairly delicate balancing act and getting depleted of certain things (potassium, in this case) can be a real bummer. I don't want to make this post about poop, but it can play a big part in health and wellness! Enough said on that.

After taking another very appreciated shower this morning and being able to hold down a good breakfast and my meds, Scott and I plan on relaxing for most of today and taking half of the dogs for a walk. We'll take two today and the other two tomorrow. Trying to take four at once is just folly, and we won't be going down that road! I appreaciate the suggestions for creativity and will be looking up the author Kathy suggested as well as calling Yvonne after her return from her Christmas holiday to start a creativity night. I think it sounds like fun, and I can already think of a few others who will want to join in locally.

I was sorry to miss some plans I was looking forward to over the past couple of days, but I have to remember I can't do it all and take my time. just because I feel alright doesn't mean I have the same stamina as before. Understanding friends seem to "get it" even if I don't! I hope to post a bit ore later, but wanted to check in since it had been awhile. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday surrounded by the people they love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment