Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First day back

Its a strange morning today. It is my first day back to work, the alarm goes off. The dogs head to the door. And yet something is missing, the routine is broken, no more bringing up a glass of water as Heather plays with her snooze. The sounds are gone, then morning chatter about whats going on at work today is no more. As strange as this morning is, I cannot imagine nor am I looking forward to coming home tonight. But again, sounding like a broken record, this yet another painful step.

4 comments:

  1. Scott,
    You are doing just great as you move forward. I know that there will be good days along with sad days as you will find things that remind you of Heather and make you smile and things that you want to share with her and can't in person. Don't ever forget,she is watching and listening and take comfort in that. :)
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scott, I hope today was better than you were expecting it might be. Hope you and the pooches are having a nice evening - and that your day at work was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott,

    Know that we are all thinking of you and sending loving thoughts your way. We are here for you if you need us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott,
    one of the ESS sisters brought your blog to our attention. If I am correct one of Heather's friends was writing into the board. I think this is incredibly giving of you and Heather's legacy lives on. She was incredibly generous to take the time and energy to share her journey with all of us. Don't worry about sounding like a broken record. The one day your repeat something will be the first for someone who will need that recognition, validation and inspiration. Heather's blog is exaclty how I would put my blog if I was a blogger :)
    Again, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete