Thursday, April 16, 2009

Smiling down with a book in her hands

When we left the hospital the other night we were trying to decide on where to have her memorial service. For some reason it came to me to have it at the local library branch if they would allow it. Heather was so thirsty for literature I felt that it would be the most appropriate place for her and that somewhere it would make her smile. We went to the branch today and when I went in one of the libraians that she had come to know saw me she knew and hung up her phone call broke into tears and embraced me, the same happened yesterday forsome strange reason I felt the need to take Jubilee to the vet to have her nails trimmed and when I told Dr. Tom he did the same. Why in the hell she ever thought that she would not be remembered has me dumbfounded she was so special and touched so many different people in so many diffferent ways. At first it appeared as if my idea was not going to become a reality the branch manager who did not know Heather did not know how to react for it was the first time anyone had ever asked to use a conference room in this manner. He was very sympathetic and told me that I should have contact information on who to talk to on Monday. About a half hour after we got home from the library, Susan the librarian who help me called and said that they had the go ahead, by the tone in her voice I feel very strongly that she might have had a great deal in helping to make this happen. Now I know that she is somewhere book in hand smiling down on us.

I hope your happy Wifey I love and miss you

3 comments:

  1. The library sounds great Scott :) I can't think of anything more fitting.

    Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES...I KNEW HEATHER WHEN SHE IN HER TWENTIES...PLUS WHEN SHE WAS TEN..(HER FAMILY MOVED TO CHESTER)......ENJOYED HER LAUGH AND HER SMILE....I HAVEN'T MET YOU SCOTT....BUT HEAR YOU AREONE GREAT GUY...HEATHER IS DANCING WITH STARS ORSHE IS DANCING ON THE STARS...FOR SHE WAS NOT AN AVERAGE JOE. THINKING OF YOU FROM CHESTER. JOAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Scott,

    I am a friend and colleague of Barbara. I just wanted to share that all of us here in CA who know Barbara are so touched by your comments in this blog and deeply saddened by your loss. I think the library is a great choice and so glad that it worked out.

    Susan Sellers

    ReplyDelete